Friday, July 19, 2013

Becoming complex with ZTISOL

Two open tasks are remaining for me until the midterm next week. I want to write more comprehensive tests and I have to get ILUTP to work. For the latter I don't think to succeed without further support by the authors of ITSOL, which I already contacted.

While waiting for a response, Nir and I decided to focus on my optional goal of complex ILU versions which are realized in the ZITSOL library. It is straight forward to interface them analogous to the real versions. After tiding up my code, I will submit the changes to my development repository this weekend. As a first step I spend some time getting ZITSOL in a appropriate library format analog to the ITSOL library.

Build the ZITSOL-library from source

  1. Get the source tar-archive
  2. Extract the archive: tar -xvf ZITSOL_1.tar.gz
  3. Get my patch
  4. Apply the patch to the extracted archive:
    • cd ZITSOL_1
    • patch -p1 < itsol.patch
  5. Build the library using: make
    • Now the shared and static library are created in ZITSOL_1
  6. Copy the four header files from ZITSOL_1 and ZITSOL_1/LIB to /usr/include/zitsol (root rights may be required)
  7. Copy the two libraries from ZITSOL_1 to /usr/lib
  8. Make symbolic links
    • ln -s libzitsol.so.1.0.0 libzitsol.so.1
    • ln -s libzitsol.so.1 libzitsol.so

No comments:

Post a Comment